||Epifanio "Anthony" PALERMO |
||18 Jul 1881
||Ferrazzano, Campobasso, Abruzzi e Molise [now Molise], Italy 
- His name is not in the SSDI.
||14 Feb 1901
||Naples, Campania, Italy
||25 Feb 1901
||Ellis Island, Upper New York Bay
||2nd Ward, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
- aged 26, born in Italy, as with both parents; has had 3 children; car cleaner for the railroad
||Enum. Dist. 31, 2nd Ward (Seneca St.), Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
- age 37, born in Italy, mother tongue is Italian; “car repairer” for the Steam R.R.
||Enum. Dist. 15-31, 4th Ward (Myrtle Ave.), Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
- as “Tony Palermo”; works in car repair on the Railroad
||“Car Repair” on the railroad |
|Social Security Number
||715-14-0089. This does not appear in the SSDI. |
||Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
||Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
- He immigrated on Feb. 25, 1901 on the ship Columbia, which had embarked from Naples, Italy. His last given residence in Italy is Ferrazzano. This is right next to Campobosso, in the center of Italy. He was aged 20 at the time. He gives his destination as Buffalo, New York. He says he is coming to visit his brother Giovanni, who must be the one whom family history records as “John.”
He does not seem to be traveling with family, but he is traveling with 7 other people from Ferrazzano. The person in the line above his is also traveling to Buffalo: Filippo Baranello, aged 21.
His WWI draft registation card confirms that he was born that same year, and gives a more precise birthdate. I take his name as spelled from his gravestone and his immigration record.
The 1920 census gives his citizenship as 1900—in Pennsylvania.
He got a job on the Lehigh valley railroad. He would always ask for a pass for the family to go shopping in NY.
There is no “Angelo” (as his child) with this family on the 1920 census, though family history places him there. Could Thomas also have been called Angelo?
He does not appear with his wife in the 1930 census: could he have died that early? 
||4 Sep 2016 |
||Rose BATTISTA, b. 23 Mar 1892, New York , d. Dec 1968, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York (Age 76 years) |
||14 Apr 1907
||St. Lucy's Church, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York
- Ecclesiastical Record of St. Lucia's
|+||1. Felicia PALERMO, b. 4 Dec 1907, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York |
| ||2. Carminem PALERMO, b. 30 Nov 1908, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York |
| ||3. Fannie PALERMO, b. Abt Dec 1909, New York |
| ||4. Carmine "Charlie" PALERMO, b. 1 Sep 1911, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York |
| ||5. Theresa PALERMO, b. Abt 1914, New York , d. 22 Feb 1996, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York (Age ~ 82 years)|
| ||6. Angelo PALERMO, b. 24 Jan 1915, d. Jan 1975 (Age 59 years)|
| ||7. Living|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart